Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My New Doctor

I went to a new doctor a month ago for my 'secret' illness. I went there again last week for my next check-up. This time I showed the doctor my blood test results taken few months ago at PathLab.

The doctor known as Dr Wong told us(mom and myself) that no point going to company like PathLab(example) because there's no doctor there to explain/diagnose our blood test result. He said some company even promote customer to buy many kinds of pill just because their blood test result shows some high point of that particular test.

He also gave us some pointers regarding high blood pressure. Sometimes when we have headache we would think that our high blood pressure is high right ? Well, we are wrong. Dr Wong said high blood pressure is one of the most difficult illness to detect because we will never know that person have high blood pressure unless the person take the high blood pressure test(the pumping thing and mercury). There's no other way to check for high blood pressure.

He also told us that people having high cholesterol do not necessary need to take medicine because once the person take medicine to lower the cholesterol level, he/she will be on the medicine forever. I'm not sure whether to believe him about this but he said he will explain to my mom and me about cholesterol next time.

Another important point to remember is blood test can never check whether you have cancer or not. So when you see there's a checking called Tumor Markers, don't bother to take this test. It will only waste your money. I was a fool then but not anymore. By the way, I'll be on medication for the next 16 months. If by 18 months my illness is cured then I will be ok. If no, then I will move on to other medication. Pity me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy C said...

oor amy. hope you get well soon :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Wuching said...

that's how we all learn..everyday :)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no wonder you look like in pain lately

1:11 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Jeremy C - Thanks.

Wuching - Yes...knowledge have no boundary.

Jidane - Really ? What sympton did I show ? Hahahaha I don't think so I show any pain lah coz no pain.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard you srott srott and ohokgh ohokgh all the time maa...

4:37 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Aiyar that one cold mah.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally u checked with a qualified doctor!!! :PP ... but different docs can have different medical opinions, no?! ;)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Hahahaha so are you saying panel clinic's doctor is bad doctor ar ? hehehehe
This new doctor is from non panel clinic.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home