Monday, December 05, 2005

One Fine Day In Melaka

We departed from home around 8.15am and arrived at Melaka around 10.15am(about 2 hours). That was not the time I planned to depart but because all of us can't wake up on that Saturday drizzling cold morning. Umphh...My sis was not feeling well. She have flu and little bit of sore throat. Luckily she agrees to go if not we will have to cancel the Melaka trip again. Fhewwww!

We reached Melaka town by Alor Gajah instead of Ayer Keroh because someone told me that it will be nearer. Don't know true or not leh but I just follow Alor Gajah way. My GOD!!! There were so many traffic lights along Alor Gajah. I think we passed go about 10 of them.

At 11am we reached the ever famous 'Tan Kim Hock' with the help of our 10 years old Melaka map without any fuss. We saw Tan Kim Hock himself arriving with his Mercedes and driver. Fuiohhh...I managed to grab few boxes of dodol, cencaluk, cili padi sauce and ikan bilis sambal. Heaven man! My mom bought even more stuff. I'm not sure whether we need to pay for car coupon or not on Saturday but I bought one '1 hour' coupon ticket for 70sen because we parked opposite of Tan Kim Hock shop(because a bookshop seller told me we must).

We reached Jonker Street at 11.40am and proceed to have our late breakfast. We were starving man! We ate Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball at Chop Chung Wah Restaurant. The verdict ? not so nice man but that place was swarming with customers.

After breakfast at 12.10pm we strolled along Jonker street. By then there were many tourists. Mostly Asian people(pssst I think they are Malaysian and Singaporean mostly). I bought some post cards, Charles Cham t-shirt and clog's magnet. Yes very unlikely of me for buying so few stuff. The fact is nothing much at those Jonker Street shop excites me. Almost all shops sell the same stuff. Boring...We took some photo of Kampung Kling Mosque, Baba & Nyonya houses and Christ Church(yes we strolled along Stadhuys again).

We went to a shop selling cheongsam and I tried 3 cheongsams. Arrgghhhh so horrible. I was so fat. Remember ? So I just waited for my mom to tried her's together with my dad and sis. I don't like the owner of the shop though. She was telling my mom and me so many times that she tried to 'advice me to try out some other outfits but I don't want'. They were very nice she said. Aiseh if they were nice then why did the cheongsam that she recommended me ends up horrible ? Frankly speaking to anyone out there reading this. Nobody knows our body the way we do ourself. So when anyone recommends you to try out any outfit please think twice. They only can 'agak' but we've been with our shell aka body since we were born. We are the expert mah!

While shopping at Jonker street we managed to stop by at 2 more restaurants. One is the Kedai Antik 88 which has superb decoration of antics and baby nyonya architecture BUT the cendol is not so yummy leh. We ordered cendol, vegie kuih and yam kuih only because we were still full. The second shop we stopped was at another side of Jonker Street. The shop name was Donald & Lily. I went to this shop I guess like 5 years ago after attending my good friend's wedding at Melaka. We all wanted to taste the Nyonya Laksa but they were sold out. ALL except Fried Mee. Aiseh ! The cendol were better than Kedai Antik 88 but still can't fight Klang's cendol...huh why ar ?....We also bought 10 Nyonya Chang to be eaten at home.

By then it was 3.30pm and we proceed to Ong Kim Wee for satay celup. Aiseh I didn't checkout properly the opening time and it seems Ban Lee Siang satay celup will only be open at 6pm. We will be long gone by then. We then went to Medan Pahlawan but ends up at Jonker Street again because sis (who wanted to buy some pants to be wear at home) saw that a shop in Jonker Street was selling those batik pants. We also saw that Jonker Street satay celup was open at around 4pm. So we went to the satay celup restaurant first before going to the batik shop. BUT after we reached the front of the satay celup shop, dad announced 'don't want lah cause your sis cannot eat this'. So I didn't taste any satay celup in Melaka :( Sis and mom bought a couple of batik shorts but they took forever to choose. Oh man!

That's the end of our trip. We departed from Melaka at 4.40pm and reached home at 7.15pm. Well, I didn't really enjoy my Melaka trip this time. I think because the food that I've eaten there so far didn't taste like what I expected. I judge the overall food as B--. Sorry if I have intimidated any Malaccan. Sis end up become more sick. Well, take care ya.

As usual photos will be process as soon as possible. No digi cam mah.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy C said...

wow, sounds like a weekend well spent...maybe i should organise a trip this weekend...

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who n what is this famous Tan Kim Hock?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Jeremy C - Yes. Just go somewhere near that you've never been before. It will be a worthwhile trip.

Dreamcatcher - Tan Kim Hock is an old man who owns Tan Kim Hock, the shop. The shop produces famous dodol, keropok, etc...I thought your relative stay in Melaka right ? Tan Kim Hock is located at Jalan Bendahara.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad your melaka trip didn't go well.. sorry couldn't help much about the chinese food there. hope you will come again :D

12:40 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Sophie, no worry. I've been there to Melaka many times and just this once the food doesn't taste nice...hahahaha

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh!heh! my 1 track mind kept thinking the badminton kim hock.

yea, they live there but not i, there's a difference. :P

hmmm, i noticed one interesting remark, let me savour this ...

'Arrgghhhh so horrible. I was so fat. Remember ? ...Frankly speaking to anyone out there reading this. Nobody knows our body the way we do ourself. So when anyone recommends you to try out any outfit please think twice. They only can 'agak' but we've been with our shell aka body since we were born. We are the expert mah!'

... heh!heh! who's the fatso? i, for one... certainly am not. ;PPP

10:04 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Hey what have that 'interesting remark' have got to do about this post ?

Aiseh wrong vocab eh.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Hey what have that 'interesting remark' have got to do about this post ?

Aiseh wrong vocab eh.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home