Monday, November 14, 2005

James Blunt


James Blunt

Have you heard of a beautiful song called You're Beautiful ? If no, then try to listen to it. This magnificent song was sung by James Blunt. His first album called Back to Bedlam(produced in 2004) consists of 10 songs. So far I’ve only heard You're Beautiful but I might buy his CD if my finance permits.


Exerts from his website:-
So how did the music get into him, you might ask? Well if you were sent to boarding school aged seven, studied Engineering by mistake (“I thought we were going to fly planes, but we just pulled metals apart – the brochure was very misleading.”), joined the army by default, guarded The Queen, buried The Queen Mother and pranced around London like a tit for Japanese tourists to photograph, what you’re going to want to do very much after that, besides getting stoned and laid, is put your gun down, pick up a guitar and make an album in America with Linda Perry. So James came to Los Angeles in September 2003 to record with Tom Rothrock et al.

I like his husky and hoarsely voice. When I first heard You're Beautiful in radio, I thought this song was sung by a black singer. Only recently I found out that You're Beautiful was sung by a white guy after watching his MTV. For the first time, I understand what a singer is trying to convey in his/her lyrics cum song.

This guy is for here to stay. So why not cool down what you are doing and listen to his song. Cheers.

Here's his famous song,

You're Beautiful 's lyrics.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Fucking high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.


Go here for more lyrics → James Blunt: Back to Bedlam Album's Lyrics

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh!heh! wonder how the song goes... sheesh! cant help hearing aguillera's song ... 'somethin' somethin' beautiful' whanging in my head

1:20 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

hey! I'll play it to you. Come here....kitty kitty

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I like this song too! Wonderful melody, nice lyrics and a lovely voice that touches every heart.

Maybe I will buy his album, too.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Yeah! but I better listen to some of his 'not so popular' song in Back to Bedlam first. I scare I will regret it later. Imagine only 1 wonderful song and 9 yucks one. But I believe in his voice!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home