Monday, June 27, 2005

Books Lover

I went to 1Utama today and what else I shop ? Books baby, boooookkkksss! My love for books started when I was small but I very seldom buy books that time. Due to finacial issue and the book itself was very expensive. I would go to library to read and borrow home. I love the Famous Five and Enid's Blyton books. Both were my Bible. I even played out those story with my little sister.

As I grow up, books for rent shop came popping everywhere. It was a very good idea. I started to read John Grisham, Sidney Sheldon, Anne Rice and Stephen King's books. I finished the whole series of John Grisham and Sidney Sheldon books. They are very dear to me as I love lawyer and pretty ladies story. hahahaha but that dosen't mean I like a lawyer in real life. I seldom read Anne Rice and even seldom for Stephen King books because they were scary and sometimes hard to imagine.

As I started to work I bought a lots of book. I love Lord of The Rings(also very hard to understand and imagine even after the movie cames out), John Grisham and Sidney Sheldon still, Robert Ludlum, Dan Brown, Mitch Albom and some other new author. Just recently I've mentioned Shantaram, one of my greatest findings(I meant I didn't know it was such a good book man until I read it and fall in love with it!);dreamcatcher is reading it as well). And today I bought 2 books namely Star Wars The New Jedi Order: Hero's Trial and My Life by Bill Clinton for my sister very belated birthday present. I'm currently eyeing 4th of July. Interesting but about murder.

After I finish Shantaram, I'm heading for the Star Wars book which I bought today(will buy more if interesting) and some of my sister's books. I've got 1 problem though. I must buy a new shelf. The old one's full of our story books, college notes, travel brochure, dictionaries(we event salvage an old dict from my grandpa) and atlases. Hurry Ikea, I'm waiting for a nicer design, current one not my type.


My Life


ShantaramPosted by Hello

p/s: Books are still expensive nowdays. Hope 'government' can read this and make a change. There's many people like to read but it's an expensive hobby/education.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not enough space... ever consider of going digital? we're heading towards that direction, eventually, ya? what do u think? :D

3:32 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

sure but then isn't it cosy to lie down on your bed salvating your fav book ?

6:47 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

some died in Afghan...

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking at the picts. in the website, my imagination of the places n surrounding are quite accurate, but my.. oh my... i didnt expect the new part of Bombay can be THAT huge n modern!! :D

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have tons of old and classical books and mags! now also am having problems with storage space! :P

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think now, there's the palm top gizmo or what-not, something not unlike the PADD in star trek where u can just download the data n read to ur heart's content... but of course, we're not used to the stuff yet but i think it gonna be the 'it' not long from now... :))

4:00 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

hey my imagination are also accurate including the modern part. hehehe..just want to show that I have a wider imagination.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just realised something... bombay, which roberts described in his novel was at least fr 15 yrs back. so, my imagination of bombay is quite precise after all. the picts. in the website, i believe, is the current bombay, yea?!

hey, che-cheh my dear... u'd better backtrack that imagination of urs to the 1980s era. heh!heh! ... ur never gonna win this round with me, u know. so accept the obvious!! ;PPP

7:50 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

haiii 15yrs back, i'm sure the slum, the masjid, the sea, world trade center will be the same. what not same are the buildings, road, apartment, restaurant...

but all this while I imagined 80s buildings, road, apartment, etc...so you didn't gotcha me!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home