Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Bunch of Idiotic Drivers

Today I saw something so unusual at a + junction on the way to Port Klang. I don't think anything like this has happened before(I asked my dad whether this situation happened in KL and he said NO!).

The traffic light at one of the road had already turned red BUT streams of car still passing the junction. Streams of car does not mean just 2 or 3 cars zip zap through BUT about 10-16 cars zip zap through. The last car were caught by us and some cars at our side honned that Kembara which was drove by a lady!!!

We thought their side's traffic light is malfunction but nope. The traffic light works perfectly. Only those drivers already 'chee sin'. Why are they risking their life like that ?

I used to speed up whenever I see traffic light turning yellow(if I'm quite near) or already turned red but now I stopped doing that. But if I'm already 1 car away and the light turn yellow then I got to just move because if I stop suddenly then the car at the back might ramp into my car.

I truly truly truly support the idea of installing timer countdown at each and every traffic light in Malaysia. I've seen this timer thing at Melaka several years ago and some part of KL and PJ. Good job! I really appreciate this idea because I don't have to feel 'was-was' when I am driving at a green traffic light. I can plan when to stop when I see the yellow light is coming in say 3 seconds. However only say about 10%(a handful) of the traffic lights are installed in Melaka, KL and PJ(total). I don't know where else in Malaysia or other country have this timer countdown installed at traffic light area.

May I dream about traffic lights tonight!

chee sin(cantonese) means crazy
was-was(bahasa malaysia) means cautious

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, they are lucky, there's no cop there, last month on my way north, thru rawang town, there is this big truck in front of me, both of us going into the traffic lights, as i was tailing the big truck i didnt notice there was this taffic lights, as i enter the box, the light turned amber, and i was stopped by the police, they dont buy me saying that it was amber when i enter, and gave me tickets, now I am RM200 poorer, the cops if they want can instill discipline here, in my case it was inappropriate, but saman tetap saman

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nothin to wat i saw yesterday. There's this sorta like proton arena model here in melbourne, tat idiot was doing drifting on the road! see the rubber burning. tat's pure idiocy lar.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah.. i know exactly what u're talking abt.. that big big + junction to pt. klang.. some of them are really nuisance.. their mistake.. but they still hon at u..

oh yah.. yahoomessenger : sweesanlim

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u add me? cause i accidentally terpress X.. when the msg pop up suddenly...

1:26 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Azman - Better luck next time. I'm proud of u that you didnt give them 'duit kopi'. I myself rela get saman then give 'duit kopi'.

Alex - LOL

Swee - Yup that + junction. Already added you. :)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's pathetic how ppl has this need to show their 'superiority' n boost up their egos by resorting themselves to becoming road bullies/hogs.
this is how i see them. somewhere in those woolly crown of theirs, there's a hidden inferiority tag attached!!
... not saying that i'm very law-abiding ... i guess i'm a quarter 'hog' meself sometimes... sheesh!! i don't like the sound of that!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

For me I think because they want to be fast. Why wait at a traffic light that's going yellow ?

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home