Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Are You A Winner ?

Have you win anything before ? Say puzzle, slogan, sms contest, etc ?

I have won 5 times!!! My first win was when I entered a crossword puzzle at one of the contest in my sis’ ‘Dewan Pelajar’. I was over the age of entering the contest so I used my sister’s name. When we received the letter(that time no email, no sms, internet also not popular) informing that my sis have won(forget what type of prizes say grand prize ke, consolation ke, etc), I felt so lucky. It's like hitting the jackpot or a walk on clouds! Then come some small 'fight' between sis and me, we argued who is the worthy winner of that prize, me for answering and submitting the crossword puzzle or sis who let me use her name because without her name, I won’t win anything. The prize ? A Bahasa Malaysia story book! We still have that story book with us until today.

My 2nd win came as a surprised. It was nearly Chinese New Year(many years back) and we bought many stuff at Parkson. There’s a contest for Bonuslink card member during that festive season. The contest required us to choose the logo that most people will choose. Few weeks past and again I received a letter informing that I have won 10,000 Bonuslink points!!! We exchanged this 10,000 Bonuslink points for a Tefal ‘Grinder’(dunno what to call). Now the grinder sit in our kitchen cupboard.

My 3rd win came few years after my 2nd win. I was just casually filling in a survey form from Astro. Little did I realised that I won a 2(or 4?) persons trip to Port Klang for a night stay at one of the ship(at the middle of Melaka Straits). I gave the tickets
away to my friend but he doesn't go as well.

My 4th and 5th wins came from Lord of the Rings' Fellowship of the Rings and Return of the King Hotlink sms contest! When the first installment of LOTR(FOTR) came, not many people know how great this story is so there were not many people playing this sms contest. It was an easy competition because all we need to do is identified a picture(say a sword) that was published at The Star. Then we sms our answer(say Sting) to Hotlink. I got a sms mentioning I am 1 of the 100 lucky winners! WALLA! I got 2 free tickets to watch Fellowhip Of The Ring and got some LOTR souvenir as well. For the 3rd installment of LOTR(ROTK), the contests required us to answer as many sms LOTR question as possible. Fhewww this is a tough one because I need to spend quite a lot of $$ in order to keep myself in the 100 winners league. Again I got 2 free tickest and LOTR souvenir.

I haven't win anything since ROTK which was about 2 years ago.

Sorry no photos because I'm lazy to search for all of my prize. Ahem ahem...

This blog is dedicated to Dreamcatcher. Congratulations on your promotion and may you win big bucks! Don't forget this dear friend when you become a millionaire ya.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

firstly, i thank u!! :)))

... but shame on u, u had the gall to compete in a category that u don't qualify? against younger persons at that too?? heh!heh!

those are quite a number of contests u entered. yea, they're quite easy too but usually i malasla nak enter... heh!heh! ... n i don't like the slogan part. this part always left me in a blank state of mind!!! ;PPP

7:21 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Welcome!

Hopefully next week the Star Puzzle wlll be back.

Hehe most of the contests I entered also don't have slogan. But if yes, I'll just fill it in and know I won't win but who knows like the astro one. Actually after filling in the astro survey form we need to write a slogan.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home