Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Merdeka Memory

What do you remember most about your annual Merdeka day ?

My most fond memories(2 only):

1) Whole family go Merdeka eve shopping until Merdeka morning at Fajar Supermarket. Things were so cheap, baby. That was when Malaysia only have Makro hypermarket. Then when Giant popped out, we stop going to Fajar. Hehehe.

2) Whole family was in Dataran Merdeka on Merdeka Day enjoying concert and fireworks when we heard on the news of Princess Diana's death(8 years ago;wow). My heart sank.

Abit nostalgic for me because few weeks earlier I heard and read plenty of news about her. She visited the bomb area(forget where), visited Aids patient in Africa, cruise with Dodi, dinner with Dodi, kissing with Dodi. Then 1 thing disturbed me. I read that the ruler of Britain don't like if Diana marry Dodi because Dodi was an Islam.

For me, I really think there's conspiracy about the fatal accident. To prevent Diana to become an Islam because....
(too sensitive issue for me to continued)

In loving memory, Princess Diana
July 1,1961 to August 31,1997.
@-->-->-- @-->-->-- @-->-->-- @-->-->-- @-->-->-- @-->-->--

So that's my Merdeka memory.

Selamat Hari Merdeka to ALL. Today 30th August is a special day for me. I feel extremely wonderful today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stumped me with that question... u know, i dont think i have anything memorable 'bout merdeka day. hmmm, what does that tell u...

not wise to believe the tabloids, not much basis of truth in 'em but all the good that Diana did, certainly will be remembered with warmth n admiration.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

u hv a bad memory ? hahahaha
just joking.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home