Monday, August 29, 2005

My Grandma's Surgery - Part 2

Then I walked back to her room and waited for awhile and asked the nurse how long is the surgery gonna take. I asked 3 times as 3 nurses told me different time. One said 45 minutes, another one said 1.5 hours and the last one said 2 hours. So I prepared for the worst time. I went to my car(Thank God; we parked right infront of the hospital) and ate bread. I stayed in my car until 9.30am. Then I went up to her room again and waited for awhile before I decided to go downstair and bought sweets, newspaper and nuts. Went up again and waited at her room. After I finished all, I day dream a little.

Then 2 nurses wheeled in a bed and I saw my grandma! She look sick(very pale), extreme headache and was holding a plastic container because she was in vomit mode(from the GA effect). Luckily my grandma didn't vomit(that's why you must fast before having a GA). She managed to spit out many saliva. That was 10.30am. Her right eye were covered with cotton, plaster and eye mould(to prevent from accidently touching).

Because she didn't take her 'leg pain' medicine, her mobility became worst(plus her left eye can't see well). I wheeled her to the toilet later. And for the first time in my life I accompanied her into the cubicle. That was an eye-opening moment(I didn't mean sxxx stuff lah). I mean now I know how hard it is for her(with her leg pain) to go pee.

At around 11.30am I leave her and proceed to SS2 for my lunch. So sad. Then I went to work. Later my cousins visited her until 7pm and then at 8.30pm we visited her again. So glad for her because she's looking ok.

Post surgery day:
I checked out my grandma at around 1.30pm. When I reached there, she was sitting alone at her bed with her bag ready. Other patients have checked out already. My heart sank a little. The cotton and plaster was removed and she was wearing the plastic mould only. Then a nurse came in and asked me to collect some extra money from the payment that we had made earlier. We paid RM100 as deposit few months back and RM3000 on surgery day. The money back is RM150. Therefore the surgery cost is RM2950. Expensive yah.

I fetched grandma to her home and accompanied her for awhile. Advices from nurse: eat lots of vegie, drink lots of water, cannot wash hair for a week, no TV for 2 weeks, cannot carry heavy things, cannot bow down, etc. On Friday, I was on half day leave to bring my grandma for follow-up check. Like I said earlier, all unwell ends well. Cherio.

Dr Saras, thank you for healing my grandma's cataract.

p/s: Congrats Manchester United for defeating Newcastle United. Wohooo!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the operation went smoothly. Hope grandma will recover fast. Take care n love yr grandma ya...

6:18 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Thanks. :)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home