Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Grandma's Surgery - Part 1

Pre surgery day:
Grandma can't sleep on Sunday. That's the day before her cataract surgery. I also can't sleep well. One is due to my stomach pain(I ate a lot of garlic from the steamed garlic fish) and two due to my grandma.

Surgery day:
All unwell ends well. That's what I got to say about my grandma. She finally have her cataract removed on Monday 22nd August.

Well, we drove to the Tun Hussein Onn Eye Hospital and arrived there around 7am plus. We was supposed to make payment before going to the 2nd floor for admission at 7.30am. But a nice lady in her 40s told us to go for admission first as the payment counter will only be open at 8am. She said 'believe me, I just have my surgery few weeks ago'. Bless her!

So we waited until 7.30am before we went up the 2nd floor. We went to the counter and report my her admission. My grandma were brought to a room with 5 beds and immediately 3 nurses administered my grandma(they checked her body temperature, blood pressure, etc). My grandma changed into the patient's blouse and trousers. 3 of the 4 beds were already occupied by 2 old Indian ladies(came today) and 1 mid 30s Chinese lady(stayed since Sunday). My grandma is the 4th patient. Later another 40s Chinese lady came in.

Then the waiting begin. I asked the nurse what time is my grandma scheduled to be wheeled in. The nurse said about 8.30am. Before that I brought my grandma to the ladies first. At about 8.30am nurses came in again. They administered my grandma and another Indian lady by checking blood pressure, etc. That Indian lady was supposed to be the first patient to be operated but since she didn't go to the ladies earlier therefore my grandma was wheeled in first. They acted so fast man! Checked and brought my grandma(by wheel chair) to the lift to be operated by Dr. Saras on the top floor. I managed to catch up and said my good bye at the lift. I said 'Good Luck arrr' and that moment my eyes moistured and the lift shut closed. I quickly walk to the ladies as I can't contained my tears anymore. I sobbed and quickly wiped my tears away.

to be continued...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

che-cheh,
me "sedih" read this entry!Dunno Y...uwaaaaaaaaa

6:25 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

i know why. coz i'm a good writer.
nah....just joking

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sedihnya... make me miss my late grandma so much... sob sob

6:16 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

me still sedih if teringat kembali masa hari tu...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home