Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pre-Operation

Today I took full day leave to bring my grandma to Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital. We reached there around 8.30am although our appointment was supposed to be 9.30am.

We waited for 2 hours. Yes incredible, for a weekday queue. A nurse applied eye drop to my grandma's eyes 5 times. Finally it's our turn. The doctor name is Dr Saras. My grandma's friend had previously checkup under this doctor and she recommended her to my grandma as this doctor can speak a little bit of Hokkien and Cantonese.

The room's light were off and Dr Saras proceed to check my grandma's eyes using diopter and eye machine. She said that my grandma can do the cataract operation on her left eye anytime she wants it. Her left eye cataract grew a little bit more since the last time we check about 9 months ago. My grandma had been complaining difficult to see.

A bit of my grandma's eyes' history. Her right eye is totally no use even if she went for the right eye operation. That's because when she was little, she already have far-sighted and she didn't wear any glasses then. She said that time there's not many people wearing glass and we were poor. The doctor said her right eye's vein putus/broken. Luckily for her left eye though. She had cataract on both eyes and an operation will make her left eye sight recover.

We make an appointment for the surgery few weeks from now. Then we proceed to another room where the nurses took my grandma's blood(a little) and some eye checking. We proceed to level 4 for blood test and ECG. Luckily we didn't have to wait long for that. I was awed with the blood test. I look at the guy nurse didn't use any syringe to pump out the blood. Of course he uses a needle with a syringe but he just inserted a 'tabung uji' into the syringe then the blood automatically pump out. I was impressed. There's 3 'tabung uji's to be filled with blood.

Then a nurse brieft us about the information for patients coming for surgery. Then my grandma proceed to do ECG while I settle the payment at the cashier and take eye drops medicine at the pharmacy. Finally we went for lunch at SS2. I bought dog food and treats for Chester at the same time.

After lunch we go to Assunta Hospital. It was about 2pm. We have 2 missions at Assunta; no.1 grandma is to take X-ray chest and to bring it on the day she admit for surgery. no.2 ask her physican regarding the medicine she took whether have thinning blood effect. If have she have to stop 1 week before the surgery. The X-ray cost RM25(cheap eh, we were estimating the cost to be RM100 hahahahaha) and we waited for about 15minutes for the result.

We accomplished our mission by about 2.30pm and ride home. My car was bombarded with 2 'tahi's burung and just so happen my washer is out of water.

The surgery is on Monday(the cataract surgery is perform only on Monday) and we haven't decide me our my cousin will accompanied my grandma on that day. I pray for my grandma's safety. Amithaba.

p/s: she has a weak heart(she is still on medication all this while) so we decide to put her on anaesthetic.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, hope ur grandma's gonna be fine!

for cataract cases, hospitalization isn't normally necessary, right? ... if there's no complication, that is.

when actually is the surgery, in a few weeks or next monday?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Thanks.

yes no need but because she got to go back on Tuesday for checkup, she said she prefer to stay 1 day. Then checkout at 12pm Tuesday.

Aug 22nd. That's during school holiday.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope your grandma will recover fast!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home