Friday, July 22, 2005

Are You Afraid of Needle ?

Yes, I was and NO, not anymore. I have vague memory of my yesteryear when I was poked with needle. But I believe I've been crying then.

I've been trying to escape from this needle thing until last year. Yes all my life from the moment I have my memory. I was poked at my backside by a ruthless woman doctor. That was a painful memory because my backside felt so pain during and afterthat. She was rough man!

Then this year, I've been trying to escape for another poke until I persuade my mom that I will take the needle after coming back from Beijing. But then I tried to escape as well not until I realised I really got to do it because of my health. I wants to know whether I have any tumor or cancerous cell and other illness.

'The day' was one of the hardest in my life. I was so nervous and scared. My hands were cold and once I thought I was gonna pass out. When the lady strap my arm, I was shaking a little. Luckily my sister came to the rescue. She gave me her handphone with Chester's photo for me to view during the process. My hand was very cold throughout the process. When the needle poke inside my vein, I felt a little surge of pain. But during the process of pumping my blood out I don't feel a thing. And when it's over, my body gave out a loud 'Fhewwwwww it's over and you did it girl!'.

A week later, my office announced that we were to have blood test, x-ray, ECG, etc at a designated medical centre. Come the day again yet I'm not scared anymore. Me 'dengan selambanya' have my vein poked. I'm a cool girl now. Just last 2 days, doctor poke my vein again. He asked me 'I'm going to do blood test to test whether you are getting better' and I said 'sure'. Ain't I cool ?

Why was I nervous and panicky at the first place ? Wooo many stuff pop up in my head. I'm scared I will be in much agony when the needle poke in my beautiful skin. hahahahaha! I also scared the needle will break, thus the small pieces of broken needle that is still in my vein will travel to my heart and I will die.


But cheerio I'm fine now. A brave girl I am!



Poking needle is a walk in the park for me now. Yet I still don't dare to watch. I watched my grandma's vein when she was poked at the Tun Hussein Onn Eye Hospital. I can't find a real-life picture. Maybe I should have pose for this picture. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... but i bet ur still afraid of going to the dentist. the doc there uses needles too, u know, heh!heh!

c'mon! eliminate that fear next!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

my teeth don't need any cleaning. *touchwood* Oral B 3D Power Toothbursh served me well.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home