Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Very Late Post Race Review: F1 Sepang Malaysian Grand Prix

Again I'm embarassed. Because of Ferrari and because this was my most clueless F1 race as a spectator. The moment I sat on the grass I really regretted it. No idea when the race start, no idea when they pit, no idea when there's an exciting maneuver, no idea when accident happened, no idea when they retired and no idea when the race finish. I also forgot to bring binoculars. Hopeless.

F1 Sepang Malaysian Grand Prix beguns in 1999. Yes! An exciting year. The following year I go and watch the qualifying and race. I sat at C1 which costs me RM300 for 2days. Skip 2001 and again go watch the race at 2002. This time I sat at K2 which is nearer to the main building. This year, 2005 I sat at C2. C1 and C2 are very far from the main building, thus a long long walk is needed. Believe me!!!

Why main building ? Because that's where all the grandstand spectator hang out, your favourite team stall selling T-shirt, cap, keychain, hat, etc. Also most of the time McLaren's F1 car and other consumer car.

On Tuesday, my body started to itch. Itches at both of my hands, legs, neck, body and back. Found out later that my sister's hands and body also itches. Dreamcatcher also told me her hand abit itchy the next day. I was guessing and finally I got another lead. My mom's friend also went there to watch and sat on the grass. Guess what ? He/she felt itchy as well. So it's the grass!!! Never before in 2000 or 2002 that I've been through like this. I guess is the 'pokok semalu' because the place where we sat have many of that. Lucky dreamcatcher because you wore long pants and shirt.

Do I want to go to F1 at Sepang again ? NO! No! nO! Unless I get free ticket for the grandstand. Must start to pray now. Amithba...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so next time, better wear long pants ya! muahahahhaa

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im with u on this one! were i to go the next time, it'll have to be the grandstand n a heli ride to the circuit.

the parking fiasco was horrendous!!! the 3 and a half/kmph tortoise drive just to get out of the parking area was pure torture!!!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in one of the newspaper mentioned that the best value ticket to buy at the circuit are the G areas. U'd get to move freely within G1, G2 and G3 and ur vantage points can cover more areas than that of the grandstand.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Wow! sure we can move freely ? how much is the ticket?

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pardon me! i stand corrected; there's no G1, G2 or G3, just G. G area is just at the other side of C. yea, ppl get to move around quite freely and on more grounds. :D
how much? dunno but for sure its more expensive than C.
but who cares? can't beat tv coverage!!! ;PPP

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home