Friday, November 04, 2005

Cheater:Baskin Robbins


Woow the world's famous ice-cream!

My new 'expensive' indulgence is Baskin Robbins ice-cream! Thanks to my mom who bought 2 tubs of Baskin Robbins ice-cream! about 2 months back during the 31st of the month where all the hand-packed ice-cream tubs are entittled to 31% discount!

Of course I know that Baskin Robbins' ice-cream is yummy even before I tasted it but it's expensive too. I don't want to start eating it and can't stop eating it! For me, if something taste good I'll continue to patronize the shop and given my current finance situation I think it's best I leave this indulgence first.

Like for eg. on 31st Oct my mom and sis bought 2 tubs of Baskin Robbins ice-cream. I've got nothing to do with it but just eat em. I didn't enter the shop nor was I paying any of it. Smart girl! Hahahahahaha!

"Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins began making ice cream in 1945. Their mission was to create delicious ice cream concoctions with loads of ingredients and fanciful names. Since then, over 1,000 different ice cream flavors have been created and enjoyed by ice cream lovers everywhere. From the initial concept of 31 flavors - one for every day of the month - Baskin-Robbins has become the largest chain of ice cream stores in the world."

Hmm now you know why Baskin Robbins' logo have the number 31. By the way, Dunkin' Donuts is Baskin Robbins sister brand. Now I know the connection because their logo's have something very similiar but I can't place it until now.

But we felt cheated by Baskin Robbins! Why ? Refer to the receipt below.

Grrrrrrrrr Posted by Picasa

How could they charged us government tax 5% twice ???????? Either Baskin is cheating or the cashier is plain stupid!
Has any of you had this similiar case before ?
Don't ever go to Bukit Tinggi, Klang's Baskin Robbins!
Funny things is my sis just realised about this yesterday! hahahahahahaha

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:P i recall u mentioned u didnt like 'em back then. now u do?! hazy!

my fav combi is choc chip cookie dough + butter pecan + caramel topping n bananas. sheer bliss!! :D

10:14 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Nope never try Baskins until that day when my mom brought home 2 tubs.

Wah seems yummy except for the bananan.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you made a mistake, dear.

They charge you 5% gov. tax once only le. Where got twice? Read carefully...

Net total = $74
-31% = $51.06
gov.tax = $2.55

Total = $53.61

So you paid $53.61 right?

Hehe...

11:41 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

WOW!! U r a genius! Thank you!

Funny why the receipt punch in gov tax twice. Anyway I'm so happy....wohoooo

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe... glad that you are happy, at least it doesnt bother you now.

Guess they have to calculate the sum before and after discount gua. :p

4:47 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Yeah, now I can go to Bukit Tinggi's Baskins Robbins again.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home