Thursday, August 11, 2005

Fragrance

Perfume is a mixture of fragrant essential oils and aroma compounds, fixatives, and solvents used to give the human body, objects, and living spaces a lasting and pleasant smell. The amount and type of solvent mix with the fragrance oil dictates whether a perfume is considered a perfume extract, Eaux de parfum, Eaux de toilette, or Eaux de Cologne.

The percent of perfume oil by volume in a perfume are listed as follows:
Perfume extract: 20%-40% aromatic compounds
Eau de parfum(EDP): 10-30% aromatic compounds; more concentrated fragrance. Eau de toilette(EDT): 5-20% aromatic compounds; have softer fragrance.
Eau de cologne(EDC): 2-3% aromatic compounds; have softer fragrance. An EDC has the same level of fragrance as an EDT.

Eau in French is Eaux which means water. So EDP is perfume water, EDT is toilet water and EDC is cologne water. Hehehehe.

My first bottle of perfume is Pleasure by Estee Lauder. I bought my first perfume when I was studying at college and used Pleasure for about 3 to 4 years. The smell is very strong therefore I spray only once. My next perfume is Romance by Ralph Lauren. Romance is my favourite perfume of all time. It smells really great. You can feel yourself feeling romance. Hahaha. I also used this perfume for several years. Next I bought Dior Addict by Christian Dior, Brit by Burberry and currently Pure Poison by Christian Dior. I also shared Red Earth by Hugo Boss and Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder with my sister. But I end up giving her both as I can't stand the 'nauseating' smell.


Yes, I bought my fragrance EDP. Why waste so much money on EDT or EDC(for men) if the smell/aromatic compounds is not strong. Dior Addict, Brit and Pure Poison dosen't have strong smell though. I wonder why. I sprays those perfume twice or thrice everytime I use. That also not much smell. Hmmmmm.

I keep the perfume's box and empty bottle as a collection. This hobby will take a long time to accumulate. Nevermind I have the time of my life.


The best selling perfume in the world is Chanel No.5 and still is. Try it. It smells out of ordinary and it's very expensive. I've also tried those small bottles of Beautiful by Estee Lauder, Lolita Lempika, Weekend by Burberry, Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne, Intense by Hugo Boss, J'adore by Christian Dior and many more. I've also tried my mom's Elizabeth Arden's Fifth Avenue(nice too).

I almost bought Issey Miyake and Versace's fragrance many many years ago before I decided on Romance. Ahhhhh.

I'm targeting perfume from Givenchy, YSL and Ralph Lauren.


Pleasure



Romance


Dior Addict


Brit


Pure Poison Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dunno much 'bout fragrance. i wear the good ol' j&j baby powder, heh!heh! smells good too. ;)

... but i know that if we select the wrong type of fragrance i.e one which is not compatible with our own natural body odour/scent, we'll smell doubly terrible!!

hard task this, i know. maybe one's sense of smell differs fr the other, yea.

i had a roommate once. she loved the body shop perfume especially this fragrance whats-the-name-i-forgot. but i didnt like the scent, didnt think it complimented with her own but others liked it. so, i bought her a perfume which i liked but her cliques didn't. said that it was too strong.
poor thing!! well, finally she sorta compromised. whenever she spent more time with me, she wore the perfume that i gave her n when she went to hang out, she wore the whats-the-name-i-forgot, heh!heh!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

i like the j&j baby powder too but my mom always buy aiken the medicated type.

that stuff about compatible with your body scent i really dunno. first time i heard. yet one is hard to smell one's own body scent. right?

WOW what a good friend she is.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, hard to smell own odour xcept if it stinks too much, heh!heh!

ooohhh, we quarrelled n stuff but she's ok. :)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home