Monday, August 08, 2005

Dogathon

Yesterday we went to Dogathon at UPM, Serdang. My parents, Chester and me reached there around 9.15am. It was too late for the 'Fastest Eating Duo' contest.

We parked up a hill and walk to the field. Chester was so happy went he jumped down from my father's car. At the entrance of the field, vets were standing by to inspect Chester. Then he welcome us and pass a plastic bag and paper(for the poo in case of emergency).

I'm intrigued by Chester. He's not scared of other dogs anymore. Unless some dogs that bark at Chester. He just go through other dogs and owner sniffing around. When we reached there, 'Fastest Eating Duo' contest have just started. The owners ate lemon ice-cream while the dogs ate Alpo biscuits.

Chester and me just hang around. I bring him to the horses and at one point he was looking at 'em. Then he lost interest. Many times when he was walking besides me, he will then trot faster to the other female owners and walk besides them. Hahahahaha. Then Chester bring me across the field towards the vet tent. But I stopped him halfway. I suspect he was bringing me back to the car.

As the sun rises, Chester was panting heavily. We gave him water but he just drank some. Then we bring him to a place with less dogs around, then only he drank a lot of water. I also gave him treats but he dosen't wants 'em. Later a guy gave us a balloon. Hehehehe. I bring Chester once more to the activities area but Chester was panting plus loud groaning sound. Dogs and owner was so scared of Chester. Some ran away or tried not to walk in front of Chester. I wonder why Chester was panting loudly. Other golden retriever there was panting but noiseless.

Then we bring Chester back to the place with less dogs. Let him drinks more water and rest. I went to buy a ice-cream and Chester was barking at me. Awwwww miss me kah or did I leave you there while I was having fun ?. I went back to the area where Chester and my parents were resting. Chester saw me coming with the ice-cream but didn't show any excitement. I ate until the ice-cream become a small piece and pass it to Chester. Wohoooo he just licked a little and then paid his attention to a crowds near us. Another contest was starting. I have to throw the ice-cream away.

Then we started to walk back to the car. And the miracle happened. I let Chester walk in front of me and let him guide me. True enough, he walked across the field and bring us towards the vet's tent and then on the road. Really I didn't tell him anything ya. Then we reach a strings of banner. He guided me under the banner(cause that's where I took him when we came). I'm so happy. But then he was lost. I brought him to the right of the tree when we came but he brings me the other way round. I think I know why. At that point he was following a girl when we came. Hahahahahaha. He's lost until he brought us to a few dead ends.
I got to show him the correct way. Then he brought me across the road and then he's lost again. I can see his nose is working hard. I guided him back up the hill where we parked our car. Then I let him guide me up the hill and I purposely don't want to inform him where our car is. He failed that test. He follows another guy to his car. Hahahaha.

Anyway I'm so proud of him. He's not 'that' scares of other dogs anymore. There's plenty of dogs with all types of breed yet he's so cool. You know I always looks at him from the above at home(cause I'm taller) but yesterday I saw his other side. He's so cute. He's big too. He occupied 80% of the car seat. I have to sit at the side.

Also there's a couple of Malay families comes to watch and ride horses and there's a couple of 'em volunteered for the activities. Bravo to them.

Chester's photo at Dogathon coming soon. You know lah I used 'analougue camera'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bit confused here... are u telling me that all these while when u took chester out for walks, he either walked by ur side or u had to drag him, instead of him leading the way? doesn't sound like he enjoys walking, does he? i guess he prefers to be chauffeur driven better eh? heh!heh!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

when i took him for walks, he will walk beside me. if we near a neighbour house with his gf there he will walk faster dragging me or when we near our gate.

I drags him if he licks at the road. yuckky.

Twice at 1Utama park also when we was attending puppy.com.my activities he dragged me towards the car too.

cannot said lah he prefer to be chauffeur or not.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home