Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Broker

You can learn some Italian here. Posted by Picasa

Guess what ? I've finished reading The Broker by John Grisham in 5 days 2 weeks ago. I meant to read slowly but the interesting pace of the storyline makes me read more and more and more and eventually I finished the book.

Ohhh I just love John Grisham. I love his law's story. Many people are scared of his book because John Grisham writes about law plots, law rules, etc. But don't worry, you will understand his novel and it's NOT BORING. I've read ALL of his novels from 1989's A Time To Kill except 'Skipping Christmas' and 'The King of Torts'. And I like all of his novels' ending part. All the endings are GOOD one because all the suspense and master minding will be solved by then.

'The Broker' story is about...read on
"In his final hours in the Oval Office, the outgoing President grants a controversial last-minute pardon to Joel Backman, a notorious Washington power broker who has spent the last six years hidden away in a federal prison. What no one knows is that the President issues the pardon only after receiving enormous pressure from the CIA.

It seems Backman, in his power broker heyday, may have obtained secrets that compromise the world's most sophisticated satellite surveillance system. Backman is quietly smuggled out of the country in a military cargo plane, given a new name, a new identity, and a new home in Italy. Eventually, after he has settled into his new life, the CIA will leak his whereabouts to the Israelis, the Russians, the Chinese, and the Saudis. Then the CIA will do what it does best: sit back and watch. The question is not whether Backman will survive葉here is no chance of that. The question the CIA needs answered is, who will kill him?"

I rate 'The Broker' 8/10. Stop by MPH, Popular, Kinokuniya or Borders to buy a copy of 'The Broker', you won't regret it. I bought mine at Popular at 20% discount, so lucky. The book now is 15% off in Popular.

After 'The Broker', I read Jericho Point but I only understand 5% of the contents. Urghhh what kind of book is this ? It's like reading a classical novel. I borrowed this novel from my sister and I have returned the book to her. Then I bought Star Wars: The New Jedi Order-Dark Tide 1 Onslaught which is the 2nd series of New Jedi Order. Yeah cool!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, i regularly get heaps of amusing n engrossing law anecdotes from my sis. hmmm, mayb i'll write humorous law novels as oppose to grishams' suspenses n thrills. :PPP

6:48 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Good idea!!!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home