Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Year of The Rooster is Coming!

Yahoo! Today is Chinese New Year Eve. I can't sleep today and wake up at 4.40am. Ironic man! I never wake up so early in my life during CNY Eve or during CNY in my whole life.

A big day ahead of me. First I need to fetch my mom to buy roast duck(for offering to the God) which we ordered a few days ago. Then to the market to buy Salad vegie(also for offering to the God). Lion dance and dragon dance usually 'munch' this kind of vegie. After offering to God we will eat the duck, vegie, pork, etc at about 1pm. Dosen't have to be duck. Can be Chicken too.

Later I might/will go to a hairdresser. Yeah I haven't trim my hair. Thinking of not to trim but my mom nag nag nag me. Also will go to Car-Wash to wash my horrible, ugly, furry, yucky car.

Late at night we will prepare tea, pomelo, oranges, 'nin-gou', lime, pineapple, etc to the Heavenly God, 'Tei Chiu Kong', 'a god's name that I suddenly forgotten'. We will pray with joss sticks and candles. Come midnight we will wish each other 'Kong Hei Fatt Choy'. Many many firecrackers can be heard loud and clear. I wonder how do they have the gut to buy firecrackers. I wish my dad will buy one someday as without firecrackers, CNY were not as nice as yesteryears.

Happy Rooster Year to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home