Friday, January 28, 2005

Australian Open 2005

This is the best Australian Open Grand Slam ever so far as both my favourite tennis player are through to the final. Yahoo!

C'mon c'mon c'mon baby!
Everyone predict final will be Roger Federer vs Andre Agassi. And I was gunning for Lleyton Hewitt. How come I said gunning ? Aiyar seems like i'm an arsenal fan. No ya...I'm a red devil. Suprised when I saw Hewitt at the court after few months not seeing him. He have those big muscle and were tanned perfectly(ohmygod),seeing his mobility and improved serve. That are all he need - mobility and good serve to win. Umphh by the way I saw his new girlfriend. More good-looking that Kim but I don't think his new gf suited him(*i'm shouting:Take me!take me!). Even with Kim I don't think they are suitable. Time goes by and my judgment was right. Hehehe

My 2nd favourite tennis player ? Marat Safin. I have admire him since Hewitt's time. There's something about him that I like. Who would have thought he will defeat Federer ? Never in my dreams. Safin lost twice to Federer before coming into this game. Once in Australian Open final. The day Safin defeated Federer was his 25th birthday. How sweet...an excellent present for himself.

The quarter-final game between Hewitt vs Nalbandian and semi-final game between Federer vs Safin were the best man! Both game played for about 4hours at 5sets. Heart-throbbing events. Before the linesman informed the ball was out, I already shouted 'OUT'. Or shouted C'mon! For both match I was feeling hopeless for them for more than twice when the opposites party were gaining match point. Am I a bad fans ? Ya maybe.


I'm ready for the final show down on Sunday 30th January 2005. I'm torn between both of them. Who will win? How to support both of them when I really like both of them ? My best guess is Safin will win. But if Hewitt really play extremely well then he win. But I'll shout C'mon to no matter to who. Cheers.


Match Facts for Hewitt(S-F):

-Roddick had 50 unforced errors-Hewitt 21

-The American served 31 aces-Hewitt 14

-Roddick had 12 aces and 12 unforced errors in the 2nd set.

Match Facts for Safin(S-F):

-to finally defeat Federer again.

-Safin took 7 match points to defeat the world No.1

-The fifth set went for 80minutes

-Federer won 201 points, Safin 194

-The Swiss had one match point in the 4th set tie-break

-Unforced errors: Federer 59, Safin 60

-The match went for 4 hours and 28 minutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home