Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My RM1 Coin Adventure

We all know RM1 coin will cease using by 8th Dec. You can change your RM1 coin in Bank Negara or all banks in Malaysia(correct me if I'm wrong). So I counted my RM1 coin one day. I have 15 RM1 coins. Since this is just a small quantity, I decided to use 'em all rather than go to bank. I decided to keep 3 RM1 coins for remembrance. Then I get 4 more RM1 coins from my friend(sadly ;p). Total I have 16 RM1 coins. Here are my RM1 coin adventure(how did I use the 16 RM1 coins).

1. I used 1 RM1 coin for toll.

2. I used 5 RM1 coins and 4 RM10 notes for petrol. But they don't want to take my 5 RM1 coins. So I said give back my money and I walk back to my car, start the engine and 'belah' without looking at them. Then I went to another petrol station. They also took my 4 RM10 and leave my coins on the window. Then I said I want to pump RM45 not RM40. Finally they take my 5 RM1 coins.

3. I exchanged my remaining RM1 coins with my grandma. My grandma said the 'market people' still want them.

Mission accomplished.

Hey, have you get rid of your RM1 coin yet ?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've get rid all of them. Hopefully there isn't any hiding under my bed.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have another 15 pieces of $1 coins from my son's piggy bank. I have gave away another 15 pieces of $1 coins last week by paying toll and gave it to a 'special' friend (:P) because I owed her.

I'm going to do the same for the coins that I have right now, by paying toll also. I will use 4 coins daily, so I think I will manage to finish it all.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

englee how did you get rid of yours ?

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh! money at near month-end?!!....pocket to let already, heh!heh! no worries 'bout this matter.
i collect money n coins, so will keep 1 RM1 coin. :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Cool. So you have coin album ?

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea... it's somewhere in my drawer but haven't done any new collection for quite a while now. ;P

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out to have a few fake $1 coins as soon as mommy told me about this shocking news! No worry, buddy! I have given all of those fake one to her. And yeah, I will still keep some for my collection.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Che-Cheh said...

Do you know how to identify a fake $1 coin ?

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home